Join the Algorand Foundation Team!
The foundation is comprised of a diverse group of industry experts, researchers, business leaders, economists and more -- and we are always looking for new talent to join our team!
We are committed to the development of an inclusive and transparent system where anyone can build opportunity through decentralized applications and projects, no matter where they are. With the primary goal of promoting broad participation and the decentralization of the Algorand network, the foundation is assisting with the launch of the network, initial governance and the evolution of the public blockchain.
Founded by cryptography pioneer and Turing award winner Silvio Micali, Algorand solves the 'blockchain trilemma' with a platform that delivers decentralization, scalability and security all at once. Algorand provides a foundation for existing businesses and new projects to operate globally in the emerging decentralized economy with its technical innovation.
To apply for any of the roles listed here, please email [email protected] Please include an up-to-date resume or CV with your email.
CURRENT OPEN ROLES:
The Developer Advocate positions can be REMOTE and will include travel. We are looking for Developer Advocates that are enthusiastic about connecting with our developer community at a technical level; this is a person who is providing guidance and assistance on best practices and implementation details directly to our community of developers. As a skilled developer with a desire to interact with other developers through various communication mediums, this person is passionate about writing code and producing content that educates other developers.
- Serve as the representative of the developer community in discussions with Algorand product managers, engineers, engineering managers and executives.
- Perform online and in person presentations to our developer community that illustrates using the Algorand blockchain, SDKs and REST APIs
- Creating content that educates developers on Algorand’s blockchain technology, including demos, sample code, articles and videos
- Work with strategic partners, engineering teams and community members innovating and advocating for features that improve the blockchain
- Work with university partners to develop Algorand blockchain curriculum; education and mentoring students and lecturers.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Five-plus years of relevant experience
- Solid capabilities in a variety of software languages with demonstrated history of contributing to open source projects
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present technical concepts to developers
- Self-starter, organized, and detail oriented
- When submitting applications, please attach the link to your Github profile
Location: Europe/North America
The community manager plays an active part in shaping the communication between our Company and the crypto world in various local markets. This person would be the “point of contact” on the ground for Algorand Foundation, nurturing the local community through in- person events and networking, building and moderating local social channels, all while making sure Algorand is accurately represented in the local languages and platforms. This is an opportunity for someone who is genuinely excited by new technologies, has a passion for building inclusive communities and nurturing their growth, and has an interest in blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- Act as primary point of contact for community engagement and localized marketing strategy and execution in region
- Establish and grow a strong local community via event planning, individual networking efforts, partnerships, and other user engagement and acquisition programs
- Engage with members through community tools, social media, and other channels daily; be reactive towards social trends and adjust accordingly; stimulate conversations and moderate regional community channels
- Create and manage local campaigns that serve as an extension of our brand voice, values, and methodology; generate ideas and approaches that could be shared globally across the platform
- Develop and nurture local influencer partnerships
- Create and source content to be shared across multiple platforms
- Analyze local and international trends and competitors; share data and insights with the broader team
- Execute smart marketing events for smaller groups as well as larger trade shows that drive awareness and user acquisition of both the enterprise as well as individual users
- Scope new projects, identify brand opportunities, and shape creative and production briefs for local implementation
- Be a key part of an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration and creativity both internally and externally
Requirements & Qualifications
- 5-plus years of experience in field marketing, including community building or public relations; direct experience in the technology space required ideally from the Crypto space.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English .Ability to communicate with a wide variety of disciplines and audiences (e.g., developers, influencers, etc.)
- Self-starter and independent contributor with effective follow-through
- Experience with remote management and communicating with a global team
- Practical experience with social media and web communities; creating and publishing content across a range of social media platforms
Location: New York City, Hong Kong or Dublin, Ireland.
[This role has been filled but the Foundation welcomes skilled candidates in this area to submit applications proactively]
The Algorand Foundation is looking for a highly skilled DevOps engineer with a background in development, testing, security, or System Administration. This role will be critical in coordinating the infrastructure that underpins key elements of the Algorand blockchain's global network.
- Management of the blockchain's global network, monitoring the servers (both the Foundation’s and its partner's), coordination with infrastructure service providers.
- Design and implementation of back-end support for the foundation's operations, current and future. Including our local equipment & back-end infrastructure (on the Google cloud).
- Implementation of key management and transaction management solutions for the foundation's stake, as designed by the research team. Ongoing transaction management.
- Technical support for, and coordination with, partners and third parties for protocol upgrade and ongoing technical inquiries and issues.
- This person will also provide basic IT support for the Foundation and staff
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or other related discipline.
- Knowledge and understanding of blockchain technologies.
- Programming experience or at least experience with managing programmers (Go, Python, …).
- Experience with managing and securing infrastructure systems.
- Experience in providing/managing technical support.
- Networking experience (deploying and managing servers, both cloud-based and bare metal).