Join the Algorand Foundation Team!
The foundation is comprised of a diverse group of industry experts, researchers, business leaders, economists and more -- and we are hiring!
We are committed to the development of an inclusive and transparent system where anyone can build opportunity through decentralized applications and projects, no matter where they are. With the primary goal of promoting broad participation and the decentralization of the Algorand network, the foundation is assisting with the launch of the network, initial governance and the evolution of the public blockchain.
Founded by cryptography pioneer and Turing award winner Silvio Micali, Algorand solves the 'blockchain trilemma' with a platform that delivers decentralization, scalability and security all at once. Algorand provides a foundation for existing businesses and new projects to operate globally in the emerging decentralized economy with its technical innovation. For more information on Algorand, visit www.algorand.com.
CURRENT OPEN ROLES:
Community Manager - China
The community manager play an active part in shaping the communication between our Company and the crypto world in various local markets. This person would be the “point of contact” on the ground for Algorand Foundation, nurturing the local community through in-person events and networking, building and moderating local social channels, all while making sure Algorand is accurately represented in the local languages and platforms. This is an opportunity for someone who is genuinely excited by new technologies, has a passion for building inclusive communities and nurturing their growth, and has an interest in blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- Act as primary point of contact for community engagement and localized marketing strategy and execution in region
- Establish and grow a strong local community via event planning, individual networking efforts, partnerships, and other user engagement and acquisition programs
- Engage with members through community tools, social media, and other channels daily; be reactive towards social trends and adjust accordingly; stimulate conversations and moderate regional community channels
- Create and manage local campaigns that serve as an extension of our brand voice, values, and methodology; generate ideas and approaches that could be shared globally across the platform
- Develop and nurture local influencer partnerships
- Create and source content to be shared across multiple platforms
- Analyze local and international trends and competitors; share data and insights with the broader team
- Execute smart marketing events for smaller groups as well as larger trade shows that drive awareness and user acquisition of both the enterprise as well as individual users
- Scope new projects, identify brand opportunities, and shape creative and production briefs for local implementation
- Be a key part of an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration and creativity both internally and externally
Requirements & Qualifications
- 5-plus years of experience in field marketing, including community building or public relations; direct experience in the technology space required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and mandarin; ability to communicate with a wide variety of disciplines and audiences (e.g., developers, influencers, etc.)
- Self-starter and independent contributor with effective follow-through
- Experience with remote management and communicating with a global team
- Practical experience with social media and web communities; creating and publishing content across a range of social media platforms
- Working experiences in Mainland market a must.
The foundation is looking for an experienced financial controller, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Finance controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply statutory reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of 8 years of relevant working experience, of which 4 years at managerial level
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline; CPA or CMA preferred
- Familiar with Singapore and HK accounting requirements, standards and relevant regulation
- A team player, detail oriented, problem-solving minded and able to work independently and work under pressure
- High integrity and good communication & influencing skills
- Big 4 accounting background preferred
- Knowledge and experience in the blockchain industry a plus